- Britain says Iran seizes two oil tankers in Gulf, Iran says captured one 20 Jul, 2019 - Britain said Iran seized two oil tankers in the Gulf on Friday and told Tehran to return the vessels or face consequences in the latest confrontation to ratchet up tension along a... Read More
- Mesdar manager says vessel resumed voyage after boarded by armed guards 20 Jul, 2019 - Oil tanker Mesdar, which had turned in the direction of Iran, was boarded by armed personnel at approximately 1630 GMT but they have now left and the vessel has resumed its voyage,... Read More
- UK operator of seized Stena Impero says vessel in compliance with regulations 20 Jul, 2019 - The British operator of an oil tanker seized by armed guards in the Gulf said the vessel, the Stena Impero, was in full compliance with all navigation and international regulations.
- Oil tanker Mesdar changes direction again, heads back into Gulf – Refinitiv 19 Jul, 2019 - The British-operated oil tanker Mesdar, which had turned in the direction of Iran, changed course again on Friday to head back into the Gulf, Refinitiv tracking data showed.
- Second tanker in Gulf turns sharply towards Iran, Refinitiv data shows 19 Jul, 2019 - A second oil tanker, the British-operated, Liberian-flagged Mesdar, turned sharply north towards Iran’s coast on Friday afternoon after passing westward through the Strait of Hormuz into the Gulf, according to Refinitiv tracking... Read More
- Iranian forces say they seized British-flagged oil tanker in Gulf 19 Jul, 2019 - Iran’s Revolutionary Guards said on Friday they had captured a British-flagged oil tanker in the Gulf after Britain seized an Iranian vessel this month, ratcheting up tension along a vital international oil... Read More
- UK Chamber of Shipping calls for more security in the Gulf 19 Jul, 2019 - Further protection must be provided for merchant vessels after a British flagged tanker was seized by the Iranian Revolutionary Guards in the Strait of Hormuz, the head of the UK Chamber of... Read More
- Trump says U.S. will talk to Britain after Iran seizes oil tanker 19 Jul, 2019 - U.S. President Donald Trump said on Friday he would talk to the United Kingdom after Iran’s Revolutionary Guards said it had seized a British-flagged oil tanker in the Gulf.
- EU plans to offer Boris Johnson no-deal Brexit extension – The Guardian 19 Jul, 2019 - The European Union is preparing to offer Boris Johnson, the favourite to be Britain’s next prime minister, a no-deal Brexit extension beyond Oct. 31, the Guardian newspaper reported on Friday.
- Brexit campaigner wins appeal against over-spending fine 19 Jul, 2019 - The founder of a youth-focused pro-Brexit campaign has won an appeal against a 20,000 pound fine imposed by the UK electoral regulator for breaching spending rules in the 2016 referendum.
- Trump says Johnson would do ‘great job’ as prime minister 19 Jul, 2019 - U.S. President Trump said on Friday he was looking forward to working with Boris Johnson, the front-runner to be Britain’s next prime minister, and believes Johnson will work out Brexit.
- Exclusive: Ex-Russian arms tycoon quietly wields influence in British PM race 19 Jul, 2019 - A former Russian arms tycoon who had connections at the highest levels of the Kremlin is a major donor to Britain’s ruling Conservative Party and counts himself a friend of the man... Read More
- London underground passengers to be able to make phone calls from next year 19 Jul, 2019 - Passengers on London’s underground railway will soon be able to make and receive calls, filling an annoying communications gap for some but depriving others of one of the last bastions of mobile... Read More
- UK eco-activists banned from using boats in street protests 19 Jul, 2019 - Climate-change activists Extinction Rebellion have been banned from using their trademark boats in the last of a series of Summer protests on Friday.
- Timeline: Key dates for Britain’s Brexit crisis – Choosing a new prime minister 19 Jul, 2019 - Britain is due to appoint a new prime minister and attempt to renegotiate the terms of its Brexit deal, all before Oct. 31, when it is scheduled to leave the European Union.
Want to recieve regular updates from us, sign up to our newsletter to be in the know.