- Northern Ireland journalist killed by gunman during riot 19 Apr, 2019 - A 29-year-old Northern Irish journalist was shot dead during rioting in Londonderry overnight, an attack that shocked the region and police said was likely the work of Irish nationalist militants opposed to... Read More
- Emma Thompson, weeping teenagers join peaceful climate protest in London 19 Apr, 2019 - Film star Emma Thompson joined climate change activists in central London on Friday to read poetry praising Earth’s bounties, part of a series of protests which have caused transport snarl-ups in the... Read More
- Slain Northern Irish journalist, 29, was ‘inspiring thinker’ 19 Apr, 2019 - A year after moving to Londonderry, celebrated young Northern Ireland journalist Lyra McKee wrote about how she looked forward to “better times ahead and saying goodbye to bombs and bullets once and... Read More
- Weeping teenage climate activists in peaceful protest near London’s Heathrow 19 Apr, 2019 - Teenage protesters staged an emotional protest at political inaction on climate change near London’s Heathrow Airport on Friday, a further day of actions that have caused transport snarl-ups in the British capital.
- Off-duty journalist shot dead during Northern Ireland riot 19 Apr, 2019 - An off-duty journalist was killed after shots were fired during rioting in the Northern Irish city of Londonderry overnight, in what police on Friday said was likely the work of militant nationalists... Read More
- Woman killed after shots fired in Londonderry riot 19 Apr, 2019 - A woman was killed after shots were fired during rioting in the Northern Irish city of Londonderry on Thursday that saw police attacked by petrol bombs and other missiles.
- Climate-change protesters say they will target London’s Heathrow Airport 18 Apr, 2019 - The Extinction Rebellion group of climate change campaigners said it planned to hold a protest at London’s Heathrow Airport on Friday, opening a new front in its demonstrations that have caused transport... Read More
- Brexit inertia means London’s finance workers face summer slump 18 Apr, 2019 - The weeks before Easter are usually some of the busiest of the year for bankers, lawyers and consultants in the City of London, as clients rush to get deals done before a... Read More
- UK consumers keep calm and carry on shopping before Brexit deadline 18 Apr, 2019 - British shoppers ignored worries about an impending Brexit deadline and spent heavily in March, official data showed on Thursday, supporting the country’s sluggish economy while companies were cutting back on investment.
- UK consumers keep calm and carry on shopping in the run-up to Brexit deadline 18 Apr, 2019 - British shoppers ignored worries about an impending Brexit deadline and spent heavily in March, official data showed on Thursday.
- No Brexit more likely than a disorderly one, say economists 18 Apr, 2019 - The chances that Brexit will be cancelled are now greater than the chances Britain will leave the European Union without a deal, according to economists in a Reuters poll, who again pushed... Read More
- UK should ‘cool down’, drop Brexit – Socialist candidate to head EU Commission 17 Apr, 2019 - Britain should use the next few months to “cool down and rethink” its decision to leave the European Union, the socialist candidate to head the next European Commission, Frans Timmermans, said on... Read More
- UK says to become first country to check porn viewers’ age 17 Apr, 2019 - The United Kingdom will become the first country in the world to demand age verification for people viewing pornography online when new checks come into force in three months’ time, the government... Read More
- Farage’s Brexit Party to top EU elections in Britain – poll 17 Apr, 2019 - Nigel Farage’s Brexit Party will top next month’s election in Britain for the European parliament with 27 percent of the vote, far ahead of Prime Minister Theresa May’s Conservatives, according to a... Read More
- Climate-change protesters disrupt London docklands train service 17 Apr, 2019 - Two environmental activists climbed onto the roof of a train in London’s Canary Wharf financial district on Wednesday as part of a third day of action to force Britain to take more... Read More
Want to recieve regular updates from us, sign up to our newsletter to be in the know.