- Karl Marx’s London grave vandalised again, with red paint 16 Feb, 2019 - A memorial to Karl Marx at the cemetery in north London where the 19th century political philosopher is buried has been defaced for the second time in less than a fortnight –... Read More
- Alexa Chung imagines ‘off the grid’ escapism for second London show 16 Feb, 2019 - Model, presenter-turned-designer Alexa Chung went back in time for her second catwalk show in London on Saturday, presenting a collection inspired by the idea of a group of women escaping to California’s... Read More
- British investigators identify third man in Russian spy poisoning – sources 15 Feb, 2019 - British investigators have identified a Russian military intelligence officer as a third suspect in the poisoning of former Russian double agent Sergei Skripal, two European security sources told Reuters.
- Space race meets Edwardian England at London Fashion Week 15 Feb, 2019 - Outfits inspired by the first female astronaut’s trip into space and “an ode to England” kicked off London Fashion Week on Friday as the British capital began its leg of the month-long... Read More
- Pro-Brexit members of UK government willing to accept five-year limit on backstop – Bloomberg 15 Feb, 2019 - Pro-Brexit members of Prime Minister Theresa May’s government are willing to keep Britain tied to the European Union’s customs regime for as long as five years in an attempt to break the... Read More
- UK children walk out of lessons on climate strike 15 Feb, 2019 - Thousands of British children marched out of lessons on Friday to demand action on climate change, earning a mild rebuke from the prime minister’s office for disrupting classes, but praise from the... Read More
- The last taboo: Churchill questioned as UK’s nervous breakdown deepens 15 Feb, 2019 - Britain’s crisis of introspection took a bizarre turn on the eve of the latest parliamentary vote about Brexit: wartime hero Winston Churchill was placed in the dock of public discourse for his... Read More
- Fashionistas blast off at London Fashion Week 15 Feb, 2019 - Metallic sunglasses, puffer jackets and knitted headpieces inspired by the first female astronaut’s trip into space kicked off London Fashion Week on Friday as the British capital began its leg of the... Read More
- Brexit won’t deter European security cooperation – intelligence chiefs 15 Feb, 2019 - Britain’s exit from the European Union will not affect security cooperation with its NATO allies France and Germany, given the growing external threats to the continent’s stability, the intelligence chiefs of the... Read More
- Deal or delay? Wall Street doesn’t believe no-deal Brexit threat 15 Feb, 2019 - As the United Kingdom’s Brexit crisis deepens, Goldman Sachs and JPMorgan have differing views of the ultimate outcome but the two titans of Wall Street agree on one thing: They don’t believe... Read More
- Britain could accept Brexit backstop fix outside divorce deal – EU, UK sources 15 Feb, 2019 - Britain could accept legally-binding assurances on the disputed Irish border backstop that would not require reopening of the EU-UK Brexit deal, diplomatic sources said, in a shift from Prime Minister Theresa May’s... Read More
- Brexit minister to hold talks with EU ambassadors – May’s spokeswoman 15 Feb, 2019 - British Brexit minister Stephen Barclay will meet ambassadors from the European Union’s 27 other members on Friday, the prime minister’s spokeswoman said, adding that government remained focused on securing changes to the... Read More
- Deal or delay? Wall Street divided on Brexit 15 Feb, 2019 - As the United Kingdom’s Brexit crisis deepens, two of the titans of Wall Street have starkly differing views of the ultimate outcome: Goldman Sachs sees a 50 percent probability of a ratified... Read More
- Wall Street divided on Brexit – Goldman sees a deal, JPMorgan sees a delay 15 Feb, 2019 - As the United Kingdom’s Brexit crisis deepens, two of the titans of Wall Street have starkly different views of the ultimate outcome: Goldman Sachs sees a 50 percent probability of a ratified... Read More
- UK could accept Brexit backstop assurances outside of divorce deal – diplomats 15 Feb, 2019 - Britain’s Brexit Secretary has told the top EU negotiator London could accept legally-binding guarantees on the disputed Irish border backstop that would not require changes to the already-negotiated EU-UK divorce deal, diplomatic... Read More
Want to recieve regular updates from us, sign up to our newsletter to be in the know.