- Cheaper petrol pushes UK inflation to lowest since March 2017 19 Dec, 2018 - Cheaper petrol and video games helped push Britain’s inflation rate to its lowest since early 2017 last month, official data showed on Wednesday, offering some relief to consumers who have recently reined... Read More
- 100 days to Brexit, businesses warn UK of no-deal abyss 19 Dec, 2018 - With just 100 days until Brexit, the United Kingdom is on the brink of leaving the European Union without a divorce deal, the nightmare scenario for many businesses which are now planning... Read More
- UK’s post-Brexit immigration system will not include net migration target 19 Dec, 2018 - Britain’s interior minister Sajid Javid said the government’s post-Brexit immigration plans will not include a specific target to reduce annual net migration.
- UK to unveil details of post-Brexit immigration system 19 Dec, 2018 - Britain’s interior minister Sajid Javid will on Wednesday publish plans for a post-Brexit immigration system that would bring net migration to the UK down to “sustainable levels”, his department said.
- Minor UK opposition parties table vote of no confidence in government 18 Dec, 2018 - The Scottish National Party (SNP) and other minor British opposition parties have tabled a vote of no confidence in Theresa May’s Conservative government, the SNP said on Tuesday.
- PM May urges devolved nations to back her Brexit deal 18 Dec, 2018 - Prime Minister Theresa May will urge the devolved nations of Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland to “listen to business” at a meeting on Wednesday and back her Brexit deal, which envisages continuing... Read More
- No plans for indicative vote in parliament on Brexit options – May’s spokesman 18 Dec, 2018 - The British government is not planning to hold an indicative vote in parliament to test support for various Brexit options, Prime Minister Theresa May’s spokesman said on Tuesday.
- Russian cargo ship refloated after running aground off southwest England 18 Dec, 2018 - A Russian bulk cargo ship that ran aground off southwest England on Tuesday has been successfully refloated and is being towed out to open sea.
- British government to activate full ‘no-deal’ Brexit preparations 18 Dec, 2018 - The British government said on Tuesday it would implement plans for a no-deal Brexit in full and begin telling businesses and citizens to prepare for the risk of leaving the European Union... Read More
- UK cannot revoke Article 50 as a temporary measure – Brexit minister 18 Dec, 2018 - Brexit minister Stephen Barclay said on Tuesday Britain’s Article 50 notice to leave the European Union could be not be revoked as a temporary measure.
- “Very pregnant” duchess Meghan makes Christmas trip to care home 18 Dec, 2018 - Meghan Markle, Duchess of Sussex, joked she was feeling “very pregnant” as she carried out a solo official engagement on Tuesday, a day after her father had made headlines by pleading with... Read More
- Explainer – Brexit basics: What is Brexit and why does it matter? 18 Dec, 2018 - The United Kingdom is due to leave the European Union on March 29, 2019. The date is set in law – the 2018 Withdrawal Act – but the divorce has been plunged... Read More
- UK to implement plans for no-deal Brexit in full – May’s spokesman 18 Dec, 2018 - Britain will begin to put into place plans for an exit from the European Union without any deal in place, with the public and businesses told to prepare now for the eventuality,... Read More
- UK government makes no-deal Brexit an operational priority – minister 18 Dec, 2018 - British government ministers have agreed that preparing for a no-deal Brexit will be their operational priority and companies need to take the possibility of a sudden exit from the European Union much... Read More
- British government steps up ‘no-deal’ Brexit preparations 18 Dec, 2018 - Prime Minister Theresa May and her ministers will on Tuesday step up preparations for a “no deal” Brexit, an outcome made more likely by a deadlock in parliament over the British leader’s... Read More
Want to recieve regular updates from us, sign up to our newsletter to be in the know.