- Johnson agrees Brexit deal, but must now win over parliament 17 Oct, 2019 - European Union leaders unanimously backed a new Brexit deal with Britain on Thursday, leaving Prime Minister Boris Johnson facing a battle to secure the UK parliament’s backing for the agreement if he... Read More
- UK heading for ‘fairly hard’ Brexit if Johnson deal passes 17 Oct, 2019 - Britain will be on course for more distant economic ties with the European Union, making the country poorer, if Prime Minister Boris Johnson wins parliamentary backing for the Brexit deal he clinched... Read More
- Brexit plan has ‘decent chance’ in key vote on Saturday – Javid 17 Oct, 2019 - Britain’s new Brexit deal has a “decent chance” of clearing parliament on Saturday and the alternative is to leave the European Union in two weeks’ time without anything to soften the economic... Read More
- Johnson secures EU approval for ‘no delay’ Brexit deal 17 Oct, 2019 - European Union leaders gave their unanimous backing to a Brexit deal with Britain on Thursday, putting the onus on Prime Minister Boris Johnson to secure the British parliament’s approval for the deal... Read More
- EU’s Tusk says ‘very close to final stretch’ on Brexit 17 Oct, 2019 - European Council President Donald Tusk said on Thursday that the EU and Britain were “very close to the final stretch” of Brexit, with approval by the British parliament and the European Parliament... Read More
- UK lawmaker Grieve will oppose Brexit deal unless put to referendum 17 Oct, 2019 - Dominic Grieve, one of 21 lawmakers ousted from British Prime Minister Boris Johnson’s Conservative Party last month, will oppose Johnson’s Brexit deal in a parliamenarty vote on Saturday unless it is subsequently... Read More
- Labour MP Louise Ellman leaves party after 55 years 17 Oct, 2019 - British Member of Parliament Louise Ellman has decided to leave the Labour Party after 55 years, the lawmaker said in a tweet on Wednesday.
- Prince William and wife Kate see impact of climate change at Pakistan glacier 17 Oct, 2019 - Britain’s Prince William and his wife Kate on Wednesday visited a melting glacier in the Hindu Kush mountain range not far from Pakistan’s border with Afghanistan, witnessing first hand the impact of... Read More
- Labour Party leader Corbyn to back second referendum on new Brexit deal – The Times 17 Oct, 2019 - Britain’s Labour Party leader Jeremy Corbyn is set to back a second referendum on a new Brexit agreement, the Times reported on Thursday.
- Brexit deal at hand in Brussels, Johnson struggles to win support at home 16 Oct, 2019 - Britain and the European Union were on the verge of a last-minute Brexit deal on Wednesday but Prime Minister Boris Johnson still has work to do at home to ensure his government... Read More
- Lawyer to bring legal case against PM Johnson’s Brexit deal 16 Oct, 2019 - A legal challenge will be brought against British Prime Minister Boris Johnson’s possible Brexit deal on the grounds that it contravenes domestic tax law, lawyer Jolyon Maugham said on Wednesday.
- UK PM to go to Brussels early Thursday for ‘useful’ Brexit meetings – Sky News reporter 16 Oct, 2019 - British Prime Minister Boris Johnson will go to Brussels early Thursday in a move to have some useful meetings for a Brexit deal, Beth Rigby, Sky News political editor, said in a... Read More
- Falling petrol prices keep lid on UK inflation in September – ONS 16 Oct, 2019 - Britain’s inflation rate failed to rise as expected last month as petrol prices fell at the fastest rate in more than three years, a boost to consumers ahead of Brexit.
- ASOS says warehouse problems behind it after profit slump 16 Oct, 2019 - British online fashion retailer ASOS said problems with warehouses in the United States and Germany, which were behind a 68% slump in annual profit, were largely behind it, sending its shares sharply... Read More
- Brexit talks go down to the wire ahead of EU summit 16 Oct, 2019 - British and European Union officials resumed talks to clinch a Brexit deal on Wednesday just a few hours after late-night negotiations wound up, but it was far from clear they would reach... Read More
Want to recieve regular updates from us, sign up to our newsletter to be in the know.