- PM Johnson urges Merkel to budge on Brexit 21 Aug, 2019 - Prime Minister Boris Johnson is set to tell German Chancellor Angela Merkel on Wednesday that unless she agrees to change the Brexit deal, Britain will leave the European Union on Oct. 31... Read More
- German Europe Minister – Northern Ireland peace, EU single market non-negotiable 21 Aug, 2019 - Peace in Northern Ireland and the integrity of the EU single market are non-negotiable for the EU, Germany’s Minister for European Affairs Michael Roth said hours before British Prime Minister Boris Johnson... Read More
- Britain extremely concerned by reports HK consulate worker held in China 21 Aug, 2019 - Britain said on Tuesday it was “extremely concerned” by reports that a staff member at the consulate in its former colony of Hong Kong had been detained in mainland China.
- House prices would flounder in six months after no-deal Brexit – Reuters poll 21 Aug, 2019 - Britain’s drifting property market would probably take a hit from a disorderly Brexit, with average prices slipping about 3% nationally in the ensuing six months and as much as 10% in London,... Read More
- UK fast-tracks firms for customs roll as it readies for Brexit 21 Aug, 2019 - Britain will automatically enrol nearly 90,000 companies in a customs system in order to reduce the risk of Brexit disruption, the government said, its latest attempt to show it can leave the... Read More
- EU being a bit negative but we will get there on Brexit deal – Johnson 20 Aug, 2019 - The European Union is being “a big negative” about the prospects of reaching a Brexit deal but it can be done, British Prime Minister Boris Johnson said on Tuesday.
- Iran curbs jailed British-Iranian aid worker’s family contacts – BBC 20 Aug, 2019 - Iranian authorities have restricted British-Iranian aid worker Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe’s contacts with her daughter to once a month and banned her from calling her husband, the BBC reported on Tuesday.
- EU rebuffs Johnson’s Brexit gambit 20 Aug, 2019 - The European Union on Tuesday rebuffed Prime Minister Boris Johnson’s demand that it reopen the Brexit divorce deal, saying Britain had failed to propose any realistic alternative to an agreed insurance policy... Read More
- Merkel – Irish border solution possible, but not by reopening Withdrawal Agreement 20 Aug, 2019 - German Chancellor Angela Merkel said on Tuesday the EU would think about practical solutions regarding the post-Brexit border between Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland, but not by revisiting the Withdrawal... Read More
- Sterling briefly jumps after Merkel says will think about Brexit backstop solutions 20 Aug, 2019 - Sterling briefly jumped on Tuesday after German chancellor Angela Merkel said the European Union would think about practical solutions to the backstop, an agreed insurance policy for the Irish border that London... Read More
- Britain to ‘unshackle’ officials from most EU meetings ahead of Brexit 20 Aug, 2019 - Britain will “unshackle” its officials from most European Union meetings so they can focus on Brexit, reducing attendance by up to half, the Brexit ministry said on Tuesday.
- Explainer: A guide to the Brexit backstop, and why there’s a UK-EU standoff 20 Aug, 2019 - British Prime Minister Boris Johnson has made a fresh push to drop the so-called Irish backstop from the Brexit deal, renewing a demand the EU has repeatedly rejected.
- Ireland disappointed with Johnson’s opening Brexit bid – foreign minister 20 Aug, 2019 - Ireland expressed disappointment on Tuesday at a demand from British Prime Minister Boris Johnson that the Brexit backstop insurance policy for the Irish border be replaced with a pledge.
- Johnson digs in on need to change Brexit deal after EU rebuttal 20 Aug, 2019 - British Prime Minister Boris Johnson wants to reopen the deal to leave the European Union and to replace the Irish border backstop, his office said on Tuesday, stressing the need for a... Read More
- Exclusive: EU contests Johnson letter, says backstop only way to keep Irish border open – document 20 Aug, 2019 - The European Union “contests” British Prime Minister Boris Johnson’s call for the Brexit backstop to be dropped and regrets his bid to scrap a “necessary, legally operative solution” to avoid erecting an... Read More
Want to recieve regular updates from us, sign up to our newsletter to be in the know.