- Asking prices for UK houses post smallest December drop since 2006 – Rightmove 16 Dec, 2019 - Asking prices for British houses fell this month by the smallest amount for any December since 2006, a survey showed on Monday, pointing to some upside for a housing market subdued by... Read More
- Welcoming new lawmakers, Johnson vows a speedy Brexit 15 Dec, 2019 - Prime Minister Boris Johnson will welcome 109 new Conservative lawmakers to parliament on Monday, promising to honour his election pledges to get Brexit done as soon as possible and boost funding to... Read More
- Johnson plans big shakeup of government, civil service – newspaper 15 Dec, 2019 - Prime Minister Boris Johnson plans to run a “revolutionary” government by sacking ministers, merging ministries and replacing civil servants with external experts, the Sunday Times newspaper reported.
- Johnson eyes parliament vote before Christmas to “get Brexit done” 15 Dec, 2019 - British Prime Minister Boris Johnson will “get Brexit done” by Jan. 31 and then agree a new trade deal with the European Union by the end of 2020, cabinet office minister Michael... Read More
- Brexit law to return to parliament before Christmas – deputy FM Sunak 15 Dec, 2019 - Prime Minister Boris Johnson intends to bring back Brexit legislation to parliament before Christmas, deputy finance minister Rishi Sunak said on Sunday, adding that shortly thereafter the government would present a new... Read More
- I take the blame, says UK Labour’s McDonnell of election “disaster” 15 Dec, 2019 - John McDonnell, Labour’s finance policy chief, accepted the blame on Sunday for the main opposition party’s election “disaster” last week when many traditional supporters switched to back Prime Minister Boris Johnson.
- Johnson cannot keep Scotland in union against its will – Sturgeon 15 Dec, 2019 - Scotland’s first minister, Nicola Sturgeon, warned Prime Minister Boris Johnson on Sunday that he could not keep Scotland in the United Kingdom against the country’s will.
- Labour failed to bring people together over Brexit – justice policy chief Burgon 15 Dec, 2019 - Efforts by the opposition Labour Party to bring Britain together over Brexit failed at last week’s national election, when the decision to leave the European Union tore up traditional political loyalties, its... Read More
- Government’s priority is to leave EU on January 31, secure trade deal – Gove 15 Dec, 2019 - The top priority of British Prime Minister Boris Johnson’s government is to leave the European Union on Jan. 31 and secure a new trade deal with the EU by the end of... Read More
- Queen Elizabeth to set out PM Johnson’s agenda on Thursday 14 Dec, 2019 - Queen Elizabeth will set out on Thursday Prime Minister Boris Johnson’s legislative agenda following his election victory, including a pledge to bring the EU Withdrawal Agreement bill back to parliament before Christmas,... Read More
- Johnson must accept another Scottish independence vote – Sturgeon 14 Dec, 2019 - British Prime Minister Boris Johnson needs to “focus on reality” and recognise that the Scottish National Party (SNP) has been given a mandate for a second independence referendum, Scottish First Minister Nicola... Read More
- “I will repay your trust,” Johnson tells ex-Labour voters on trip to north 14 Dec, 2019 - Prime Minister Boris Johnson visited former strongholds of his Labour opponents in northern England on Saturday and pledged to repay their trust for helping to deliver a stunning victory for his Conservative... Read More
- UK Labour’s finance chief McDonnell to step down after election defeat 14 Dec, 2019 - Britain’s opposition Labour party finance spokesman John McDonnell will not be in his party’s next shadow cabinet after Labour’s heavy election defeat to Prime Minister Boris Johnson’s Conservatives, he said on Saturday.
- ‘Not my prime minister’, protesters march in London against Johnson 13 Dec, 2019 - Several hundred noisy protesters marched through central London on Friday to protest against Britain’s election result, chanting “Boris Johnson: Not My Prime Minister” and “Boris, Boris, Boris: Out, Out, Out”.
- UK’s Johnson says no to Sturgeon’s Scottish referendum demand 13 Dec, 2019 - British Prime Minister Boris Johnson told Scottish First Minister Nicola Sturgeon on Friday he would not support her plan for a second independence referendum, clashing just hours after the two leaders emerged... Read More
Want to recieve regular updates from us, sign up to our newsletter to be in the know.