- Labour Party hit by cyber attack ahead of election 12 Nov, 2019 - Britain’s opposition Labour Party said on Tuesday it was subject to a large-scale cyberattack on its digital platforms just weeks before a national election but it was confident no data breach occurred.
- Corbyn ‘very nervous’ about election after cyber attack 12 Nov, 2019 - British opposition Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn said on Tuesday a large-scale cyber attack on his party’s digital platforms just weeks before a national election had made him nervous about the rest of... Read More
- Cyber attack on Labour Party was short-lived attempt to take down websites – source 12 Nov, 2019 - A cyber attack on Britain’s opposition Labour Party was a short-lived and unsuccessful attempt to take the party’s websites offline, a security official with knowledge of the matter told Reuters.
- UK PM Johnson to chair emergency meeting on flooding 11 Nov, 2019 - British Prime Minister Boris Johnson will chair a meeting of the government’s emergency ‘COBR’ committee on Tuesday to discuss the response to flooding in the north of England, his office said.
- Election gift for PM Johnson: Brexit Party stands down in Conservative seats 11 Nov, 2019 - Prime Minister Boris Johnson won the most significant boost of the British election campaign to date when Nigel Farage’s Brexit Party pulled out of 317 Conservative-held seats in a bid to prevent... Read More
- Conservatives’ lead over Labour widens slightly – ICM poll 11 Nov, 2019 - British Prime Minister Boris Johnson’s Conservative Party has edged a bit further ahead of the opposition Labour Party during the past week, an opinion poll by ICM for Reuters showed on Monday,... Read More
- Twitter takes steps to keep UK election ‘healthy and safe’ 11 Nov, 2019 - Twitter said it would make it easier to report misleading information about the voting process in Britain’s Dec. 12 election, less than a month after its global ban on political advertising comes... Read More
- Brexit Party’s Farage says will not challenge PM Johnson’s Conservatives in 317 seats 11 Nov, 2019 - Brexit Party leader Nigel Farage said on Monday that his party would not contest the 317 seats won by the Conservative Party in the 2017 election but would contest nearly all other... Read More
- UK building sector hit by surge in insurance costs after Grenfell fire 11 Nov, 2019 - Two years after a fire killed 71 people at London’s Grenfell Tower, insurance premiums for building contractors, architects and surveyors have surged by as much as several hundred percent, risking future projects,... Read More
- Factbox: How will Britain’s Dec. 12 ‘Brexit election’ work? 11 Nov, 2019 - Britain will hold a general election on Dec. 12, electing 650 new members of parliament, from which a government will be formed. Their first task will likely be to decide how, when... Read More
- Sinking suburban ‘home’ drifts down Thames in watery climate protest 10 Nov, 2019 - A floating mock-up of a typical British suburban home was seen slowly sinking into the Thames in central London on Sunday in a protest organised by Extinction Rebellion to demand politicians fighting... Read More
- Conservatives warn of economic crisis under Labour, citing disputed dossier 10 Nov, 2019 - British finance minister Sajid Javid said on Sunday the opposition Labour Party’s “reckless” spending plans would trigger an economic crisis within months if it won the Dec. 12 election, citing a contested... Read More
- Javid says opposition Labour would trigger economic crisis – BBC 10 Nov, 2019 - British finance minister Sajid Javid said the opposition Labour Party’s spending plans would trigger an economic crisis within months, citing a contested dossier published by his Conservative Party and refusing to give... Read More
- Conservatives gain over Labour – Independent poll 10 Nov, 2019 - Prime Minister Boris Johnson’s Conservative Party has gained versus the opposition Labour Party over the past month, a poll published by the Independent newspaper showed on Sunday.
- Conservatives put £1.2 trillion price tag on Labour opposition plans 09 Nov, 2019 - Prime Minister Boris Johnson’s Conservative Party said the opposition Labour Party would spend an extra 1.2 trillion pounds over the next five years if it wins power in an election on Dec.... Read More
Want to recieve regular updates from us, sign up to our newsletter to be in the know.